We started this business last year with the tag line: "Live life the way you picture it." It can be taken literally in the sense that our camera bags allow you to "picture your life" with more ease. But more importantly, it's about the idea that your life is waiting for you to make it yours. "What do you intend to do with your one precious life"?
I wanted some kind of physical representation of my list around because 1. I love stuff that's visual. And 2. It serves as a reminder to keep at it. The butterflies are totally not my idea, but cute right?
The wall in my office:
As I complete them, I'll put them in here. Now that I'm thinking about it, this should've maybe been a bucket.
I wanted to start off with two things that I could easily check off, which I have no inclination to ever do in my lifetime. :)
1. Don’t run a marathon.
2. Don’t go on a cruise.
3. Leave an inspire card in 100 random places.
4. Lean how to use my mac and consolidate.
5. Stay in a cabin where there are masses of fire flies.
6. Photograph another celebrity.
7. Re-do the family room.
8. Have a photo session with my sister.
9. Purchase a square dining table.
10. Do six photo sessions with my kids within 12 months.
12. Sponsor one life list thing for five people.
13. Give something away 1x a week for 6 months.
14. Photograph a family in Chinatown, SF. (sort of)
15. Throw away all my inauthentic clothes.
16. Purchase a wardrobe that I’m in love with.
17. Spend a weekend at a dude ranch.
18. Re-do the kids’ rooms.
19. Photograph grown sisters.
20. Drink a Guinness in an Irish pub.
21. See the pyramids.
22. Learn conversational Spanish.
23. Go to church four times in six weeks.
25. Host an adult dinner that includes candlelight.
26. Go on an african safari.
27. Host an anniversary party near a beach.
28. Install new flooring in the house.
29. Finally find a hairstyle and color that I love.
30. Learn yoga.
31. Take the family to NYC.
32. Get together with my high school girlfriends.
33. Take a road trip.
34. Create a line of greeting cards.
35. Take my girls to the ballet.
36. Visit Spain.
37. Visit Italy.
38. Photograph ten small towns.
39. Photograph ten big cities.
40. Stay at the Borgo La Fornace.
41. Learn the tango.
42. Create ten new Epiphanie designs.
43. Draw pencil sketches of my children.
44. Go to Tokyo.
45. Eat chow fun on Maui.
46. Visit Peninsula Bay, New Zealand.
47. Take the kids to South Padre again.
48. Host a party that generates money for a charity.
49. Go to a photo workshop.
51. Take a hip hop class.
52. Re-do my bedroom.
53. Learn to play a song on the guitar.
54. Make sure my kids are bi-lingual.
55. Purchase a timeshare in Maui.
56. Purchase a lake house.
57. Swim with bioilluminescent plankton. (stolen from maggie)
58. Visit England.
59. Go dancing in Austin.
60. Create an inviting backyard.
61. Visit France.
62. Renovate the bathroom.
63. Go to Mexico again.
64. Stay at the Rockhouse in Jamaica.
65. Go on an antique-ing adventure.
66. Photograph my sister’s family.
67. Photograph another birth.
68. Visit my childhood home in Kaupakalua, Maui.
69. Ride a camel in the desert.
70. Go to Rwanda.
71. Ride in a hot air balloon.
72. Photograph a day in the life of ten moms.
73. Stay at the Amayara.
74. Hear Elizabeth Gilbert Speak.
75. Ride in a helicopter.
76. Stomp grapes.
77. Visit the Meditteranean.
78. Go to Bali.
79. Fully experience Fiesta in San Antonio.
80. Go parasailing again.
81. Re-do my portrait website.
82. Swim with dolphins
83. Ride an elephant.
84. Organize a retreat.
85. Take the kids to the Houston Space Center
86. Go on 5 dates to new places in downtown San Antonio.
87. Stop eating white flour and sugar for 30 days
88. Make a slideshow of my family photos for 2010.
89. Visit all 50 states.
90. See the aurora borealis.
91. Take an art class.
92. Shoot a gun.
93. Experience a white Christmas.
94. Create a unique tradition for every holiday.
95. Do a family session for Genevieve Gorder. (is that stalker-y? Love her.)
96. Go to a Spurs game.
97. Visit wreckage of the Titanic aboard a submarine.
98. Learn to play the harmonica.
99. Go to the Kentucky derby.
100. See U2.
101. Have our family photographed by Tara Whitney.